Friday 24 July 2015

The Mojo came back



But is in danger of leaving as quickly as it came!
I had some stretchy navy fabric with a superb drape so I thought it would be perfect for Butterick 6106, a Katherine Tilton jacket I  liked the look of. 
The jacket went together perfectly but I'm not sure I like it on me.  But that's not the problem.  I had washed the fabric several times & threw it in the dryer but the colour kept coming off on my hands.  Started when I pinned the pattern on & kept on all through the construction.  I tossed it in the wash again but nothing has changed the dye keeps coming off on my hands.  So nothing for it but toss it.  Along with the remaining 3 metres that will never be of further use.  I'm really hacked off about it as it washed, dried, stitched & ironed beautifully.  As well as draped nicely.  Nor was it the cheapest, although by todays standards not particularly expensive either. 
Live & learn.  Back to the drawing board.  I need some clothes but haven't got much in the way of suitable fabric.  Soon be payday!

No comments: