Sunday 5 September 2010

Sunday

Well today I'm of to work at the Alexon womanswear outlet at K village, my Sunday job.  Extra income ya know.  Not much but I get to play with clothes all day.  I plan on wearing the new pants from that divine details pattern, they're not brilliant but they'll do.  Meanwhile we gathered brambles & they are going to be turned into jelly, & checked the sloes out for when we make sloe gin, looks like a good crop again this year, better start buying the gin next week.

2 comments:

Mary said...

sloes? I know the term sloe gin but never realized it referred to a botanical ingredient. What are sloes?

Sue said...

Sloes are the fruit from what we call a Blackthorn bush. Supposed to be best picked late October, but if we wait too long they will all have gone to the birds or other people!