Tuesday 23 February 2010

Following on ....

.......... from bread making in the last post.  I am hooked, I've made more baguettes using a starter dough & they turned out well, even the 50% wholemeal ones.  So there's another starter fermenting tonight ready for tomorrow!  I've made more yoghurt, this time for topping with fruit or whatever takes our fancy -it's nearly all gone & I think I'll have to buy another pot as a starter I don't think Joe has left me enough to start the next batch, I'll also need to stock up on long life milk as well.  Relevant to this post is one I just read over at Simple Green Frugal Co-op about making from scratch.  I've a long way to go but I'll get there, well as far as the Anorak's lack of interest in the process will let me.  While we make just about every meal from scratch, he's as happy to buy some things that I'd rather make.  Time will tell.

No comments: