Friday 18 January 2008

Organised for once

I prepared tea before I went to work. Not something I manage to be awake enough for most mornings but this morning I prepared the stewing steak & veg & put in the slow oven to be ready in time for tea. In fact when I came in from work at 2.30pm I put the potatoes in the microwave for 7 minutes & then put them in the oven to crisp up. We had lovely tender steak with carrots & chopped up broccoli stalks (how's that for being clever using up veg?) & onion in gravy with jacket potatoes. Tomorrow I may just get a takeaway as we're going to Manchester & the realtree anorak will have to fend for himself at teatime. I'll be tired as I rarely drive longer than an hour anywhere & will otherwise be on my feet all day. Look out Museum of Science & Industry!

No comments: